Here's just a reminder of how important a HEALTHY Liver really is.... We only have one body... We can't go out and buy a new one like we can a car...yet most people take better care of their vehicles than they do their bodies. PLEASE take the time to read this article...you won't be sorry!
After reading this I feel so blessed knowing about Move 2 Pure in that it cleans the liver as well as all the other organs in your body. There are a lot of things in this article that I did not know about the liver.
A major cause of liver dysfunction is a clogged, toxic bowel resulting in constipation. This overworks the liver & causes it to be congested and sluggish...This is why I drink Move 2 Pure!
YOUR AMAZING LIVER
Did you know your liver is so important to a healthy life that if up to 80% of your liver were removed, it would grow back to full size in approximately 3 months?
Although a healthy, normal liver weighs only about 3 pounds, it performs more than 500 chemical functions for your body!
After the heart and lungs, the liver is the most important organ. Your body can function almost normally with as little as 1/6th of your liver. Because the liver is designed in this way, it is usually hard to determine if the liver is damaged until the damage is quite advanced.
Some Major Liver Functions:
-- Making three-quarters of your total cholesterol, which is used to produce hormones and bile salts.
-- Storing as much as 1 liter of blood in times of excess blood volume to be able to supply it in times of blood loss or heavy exercise.
-- Metabolizing up to ½ ounce of alcohol per hour.
-- Making 1 quart of bile per day for fat metabolism and alkalizing acidic toxins.
-- Detoxifying incompletely digested proteins, excess hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, etc.), drugs, food addiitives, poisons, etc.
-- Converting beta-carotene to Vitamin A.
-- Breaking down and absorbing vitamins A, D, E, and K. (If your liver is dysfunctional, you will not be able to metabolize tthese vitamins, no matter how much you take!)
-- Storing excess vitamin A, B-12, D, K, and iron.
-- Converting ammonia, a byproduct of protein metabolism, into urea for kidney excretion.
-- Filtering out bacteria in the blood from the intestines before it enters general circulation.
-- Synthesizing up to 4 ounces of glucose daily, if needed; for example, during fasting or diabetes.
-- Reducing blood sugar swings up to 65%.
By the way, according to Chinese medicine, the liver works hard to filter blood between 1 to 3 am while we sleep. If the liver is congested, a significant amount of blood may be retained in the liver on arising. Early morning exercises get the blood moving out of the liver into circulation. Symptoms of a congested liver are stiffness, numbness in the fingers or dizziness due to lack of circulation. Stretching and deep breathing exercises in the morning provide great benefit for a weakened liver.
- Your amazing liver - part 2
- Possible Symptoms of Liver Dysfunction:
· Poor digestion
· Excessive amounts of hormones (The liver deactivates them and is, in fact, the most important organ for hormone regulation.)
· Increased cholesterol levels
· Abdominal bloating or tenderness in the liver area
· Acne, skin rashes, itching, or jaundice (yellow tinge to skin)
· Fatigue (low energy)
· Loss of appetite
· Bitter or metallic taste in the mouth
· Split ends (hair)
· Brittle nails
· Mood swings (due to large swings in blood sugar)
· Hemorrhoids or varicose veins (due to liver congestion producing pressure on the veins)
· Pain in the back between the shoulder blades
· Inability to digest fats
· Water retention in the legs
· Muscle pain when inflating a blood pressure cuff around the calf
· Gallbladder problems
· Sleep disorders
· Heart palpitations or even heart attacks (All the blood to the heart goes through the liver. So, if it's congested the heart may not get as much blood as it needs.)
· Poor memory
· Thyroid problems
· Frequent numbness in the extremities
· Frequent infection
· Night blindness or blurry sight (The Chinese say that the liver is the river into the eyes. Clean and nutrient-rich blood flows into and nourishes the eyes.)
Common Causes of Liver Dysfunction:
· Fried foods, animal fats, hydrogenated vegetable fat (margarine, etc.), too much vegetable oil, and roasted nuts can congest the liver.
· BHA (a common food additive) are bad for the liver.
· B vitamin deficiency can compromise the liver.
· Too much meat, gluten, or soy protein overworks the liver because the metabolism of protein creates ammonia as a by product, which the liver must convert to urea for excretion by way of the kidneys.
· Refined sugar decreases the ability of the liver to breakdown excess triglycerides, which causes elevated triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
· Artificial sweeteners have caused liver damage.
· Alcohol causes cirrhosis of the liver.
· Tobacco and caffeine are also detoxified by the liver and can overwork it.
· Ferrous sulfate as an iron supplement can damage the liver.
· Strong medications, cleaning solutions, soaps, deodorants, birth control pills, pesticides, herbicides, food additives, polluted air and water, etc. can overtax the liver and damage it.
· Cortisone, carbon tetrachloride and tetracycline can all cause liver damage.
· Medical drugs are another important cause of liver disease.
III. Compromise of other organs
· Pressure on the nerve from the spinal cord to the liver can cause liver dysfunction.
· Problems with the other organs of elimination (colon, kidneys, lungs, or skin) can overload the liver by giving it more work to do.
· A major cause of liver dysfunction is a clogged, toxic bowel resulting in constipation. This overworks the liver causes it to be congested and sluggish.
The liver detoxifies most of the poisons we consume and breathe in daily. The liver reaches a saturation point and then causes symptoms. One person, constantly exposed to toxic chemicals, ate a diet high in fatty foods: corn chips, vegetable oil, peanut butter, and fried foods. He broke out with a skin rash and hemorrhoids. His liver could not handle the chemicals and the fatty foods. After some acupressure and eliminating the oils from his diet, his symptoms cleared up. A few months later, he went back to eating fatty foods and his symptoms returned until he cleaned up his diet again.
"Cure is in the prevention, not the treatment"